Drawing of a Tree with Spreading Roots

drawing tree with roots
Drawing of a Tree with Spreading Roots

This drawing of a tree with spreading roots is one that I did many years ago; the paper has yellowed a good bit. The old tree had grown out over the creek. It was an inspiration to me, and I spent many hours there. The roots were huge, some of them almost as big as a large tree themselves. There was a hole in one of the roots, and a wild violet grew in it. Some small stones had gotten caught up in the tree. Over the years, the bark had grown over the rocks, nearly swallowing them. The largest root arched out over the creek ~ I liked to watch the water run under it. I love nature and love doing landscape drawings and paintings.

This drawing is in soft graphite and covers two sketchbook pages.

Comments

Popular Posts