Eerie Art on Android

Mysterious Bird - Altered, Blended Photos by D.K. Pritchett

I wanted to create an eerie image for one of my Pinterest boards, and I also wanted to play with the camera on my new phone.

I had already created an eerie eye by taking a picture of my eye, partially surrounded by my hand, then altering the mood by applying filters using an app called Cupslice.

Eerie Eye and Hand (Upside-Down), Modified Using Cupslice App
To create the bird, I imported the eerie eye into Samsung's Photo Editor to tweak the angle of the eye so that it would blend well with my other photo, a picture of a large cocoon-type web in a tree. I rotated the image, made it slant downward on the left (not pictured) to match the cocoon segment below. I experimented with filters on both the eye and the cocoon.

Cocoon (Upside-Down), Enlarged Detail, Modified Using Various Filters

I imported both photos into an app called PhotoBlend, manipulated the strength of the light, and merged the two images several times, playing with various filters to get the right color and mood. I saved several views and picked the one I liked best. I imported the new altered image into the Samsung Photo Editor for my finishing touches, a little pencil drawing (detail, below).

Graphic Work Using Samsung's Photo Editor Pencil Tool

I'm happy with the mysterious bird I created, though it probably wouldn't enlarge well.

Collage of Various States of the Two Photos Used to Make the Finished Art











Comments

Popular Posts