Dinky, a House Elf

I created Dinky, a house elf, for my task in a Harry Potter group. 
Above: final version of Dinky, a house elf. Below are some of the steps I used to get there.
Above: Original sketch on top of doodles on a memo pad (my original sketch, two steps to brighten and clarify, and a cleanup to remove the runes I had doodled).
Above: Dinky art, digitally altered. I used Photogrid to add a color palette and to clip and add color scraps to the face. One scrap looked like a pointed nose, much bigger than the little pinched nose I had planned. I started to carve it down, but decided I'd rather give Dinky a long nose. The next step was just extensive drawing using the SDK pen tool (finger blending) in the Photo Editor app, pulling colors from the palette. I wanted to add a pearl earring. I searched images and used Photogrid to replace the "palette" photo with an ear photo, clip the pearl, and place the pearl on the elf's ear. Some final blending softened the clipped shadow around the pearl and the chin.

Comments

Popular Posts